All measured up

image

Who would have thought measuring up for a tee pee would be so tricky? Thank heavens for the internet! Ian has A level maths but with a slipped disk he really isn’t thinking straight. After much head scratching, a great internet site and a scale diagram I have finally worked out the dimensions for the panels I need to cut for the teepee.

The instructions that I have been following made the frame first and then measured it. We took the rather more challenging route. Even with the help of the internet it required me wracking my brains for those lessons in trigonometry.

*Update* I’ve now cut out the six panels needed. The first one ended up being drawn 3 times before we got it right. Realised that I’d worked out the wrong measurements! Well I was close but not close enough. A 3-D diagram would really have helped – ho hum.

Advertisements