All measured up

image

Who would have thought measuring up for a tee pee would be so tricky? Thank heavens for the internet! Ian has A level maths but with a slipped disk he really isn’t thinking straight. After much head scratching, a great internet site and a scale diagram I have finally worked out the dimensions for the panels I need to cut for the teepee.

The instructions that I have been following made the frame first and then measured it. We took the rather more challenging route. Even with the help of the internet it required me wracking my brains for those lessons in trigonometry.

*Update* I’ve now cut out the six panels needed. The first one ended up being drawn 3 times before we got it right. Realised that I’d worked out the wrong measurements! Well I was close but not close enough. A 3-D diagram would really have helped – ho hum.

Advertisements

One thought on “All measured up

  1. I thought making the frame first would be tricky. I would have sewn up my creation and then made the poles fit it in one way or another. You are such a technical worker with much cleaner results than mine. Good Luck on phase two. Jo x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s